Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mexico Part One

The kids and I left for Mazatlan on Sunday the 17th. I has been an adventure but worth the trip. From the minute we decided to go I have been nervous about all the things that can go wrong. Mainly I am worried about the safety of the children. Now that we are here I feel better. The safety part is just they are so small and I think we all know how hard it can be to keep them out of everything all the time. The condo we stay at has beautiful windows but they open and there is nothing to stop the kids ( or an adult) from falling out and bascially dying. That is my biggest fear. i guess Mexicans are not worried so much about building codes let alone safety regulations. It is funny to think that these children that will grow up and be wonderful people at this age you worry might fall out a window because they don't understand they could get hurt.

On a brighter note we are having a good time. The kids love the ocean and the beach really is beautiful. At about 1pm everyday the tide goes out far and some tidepools are exposed. It is fun to see what has been caught in them everyday. the kids have found: stingrays, crabs, sea urchins, fish, eels and lots of coral. Everyone likes to check them out. Ben will be joining us on Friday so we are excited to show him.

Tomorrow we are going to attempt to do some shopping. Say a prayer for us we will need it for dragging the kids along. I will post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Uriona Family said...

YOU DID IT!! It looks great! I am so glad to hear that you are all having fun and are healthy instead of sick from Dax. WE took another trip to instacare last night. Tess now has an ear infection. Are you jealous of my fun here at home? I'm already counting the days till you get back!

Alexis said...

Hi...I am so excited fo you. I am also very jealous. I want to do a big vacation. You are brave to take your kids. Can't wait for the pictures!!