Friday, August 29, 2008

Do my kids know me?


I saw this post on my friends blog. She asked her kids the same questions and they were pretty funny answers

What is something mom always says to you?

Ryley: She Loves you

Max: Show something to me

Reality: Stop pouting. Leave Mikey alone. I love you.


What makes mom happy?

Ryley: Flowers and her kids

Max: When I don't cry

Reality: The kids do make me happy, but at the same time I swear they are out to get me!


What makes mom sad?
Ryley: When we don't listen to you.

Max: When the car batteries don't work we fixed it at Costco

Reality: Max is referring to earlier this week at Costco the car alarm would not go off and we couldn't drive home. It was hot and I was frustrated. When I started crying Max knew it was serious and said, "Don't Cry!"
I think the thing that makes me the most sad is when the kids are hurt.


How does your mom make you laugh?
Ryley: Tickling me under my armpits.

Max: Tickling me

Reality: Tickling huh? I thought it would be my bad dancing or made up songs I sing?


What was your mom like as a child?
Ryley: No computers, no TV's I don't know

Max: Liked to play

Reality: I Loved TV cartoons, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears. I loved to play dolls. I need to inform Ryley that I did have a TV I am not that old!


How old is your mom?
Ryley: she is probably a super old number

Max: I don't know

Reality: What is Ryley going to think of me when she is 16? I am going to look like I am 100 to her.


How tall is your mom?

Ryley: I don't know

Max: Holds his hands out really tall "Like this tall"

Reality: I always said 5ft 11 but Ben says 6 ft. I must admit was a hard number for me to accept. I am a tall girl!


What is your mom’s favorite thing to do?

Ryley: Have a Break

Max: Cook something and make cookies

Reality: Getting to bed early.


What does your mom do when you’re not around?

Ryley: Shops

Max: you stay with Daddy

Reality: It is amazing the things I can get done when I am alone. It is possible to get in and out of a store in less than 10 minutes!

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Ryley: cooking

Max: Doesn't know what famous is.

Reality: Hard question! I hope to never be famous.


What is your mom really good at?
Ryley: helping me

Max: Good at exercising

Reality: Eating and I wish the exercising thing was true. I really am not a fan of exercising!


What is your mom not very good at?

Ryley: Swimming

Max: Not good at Man Stuff!

Reality: Lots of stuff. But for the most part I am pretty perfect.


What does your mom do for her job?
Ryley: Make Papers.

Max: Cook make cookies and cakes.

Reality: Under paid and over worked

What is your mom’s favorite food?

Ryley: Dark chocolate

Max: Salad

Reality: Cookies all cookies never had a cookie I didn't like!


What makes you proud of your mom?

Ryley: That she takes care of me

Max: Proud to play the Wii!

Reality: I didn’t know my kids were even aware of my existence outside of feeding them.


If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Ryley: Cinderella

Max: Princess Sleeping Beauty


Reality: I do feel like Cinderella sometimes. I think my kids play the role of Lucifer the cat by making messes for me to clean up!


What do you and your mom do together?

Ryley: Get our toes painted

Max: Help you and watch the news

Reality: I clean their mess they love me it works.


How are you and your mom the same?

Ryley: We have the same hair

Max: We help and we match

Reality: Last name


How are you and your mom different?

Ryley: I like bugs she doesn't.

Max: We have different Birthdays

Reality: I love bedtime. The kids not so much.

How do you know your mom loves you?

Ryley: She says so.

Max:You like hugs

Reality: I tell them all the time. Does doing the laundry show love?


What does your mom like most about your dad?

Ryley: Snuggling with him

Max: That he caught a fish

Reality: I have the best husband. I love everything about him.


Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?

Ryley: Home

Max: Smith's (the grocery store)

Reality: At the current state of our family my favorite place to go is probably Disneyland. Without the kids I would be happy to go anywhere with Ben but that is not going to happen for awhile.

I am going to tagg Stacia's kids! Anyone else that can make their kids sit through an interview and get answers to make some sense.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Fun answers! Matt wants me to ask daddy questions next time. :)

Lisel said...

Your kids are funny! I really liked doing this tag, it's insightful. How is Ryley liking kindergarten? And Max preschool?

Nancy Thompson Mahler said...

This is great, I wish I had done this with my kids when they were young... I'm afraid of what they might say if i asked them now;)

Your blog is great!!!