Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Part One!

Well It is the day after Christmas and I am still cleaning up toys and food. I don't think the house will recover too soon. We had a great Holiday so many fun things this month.

Ben and I were able to score some tickets to the Tabernacle Choir Concert at the beginning of the month. I was so fun and I am grateful we were able to attend. It started the month off on a good note for me.

I feel like this time of year you can never get everything done you would like but you do the best you can right. I still have a few gifts I would like to get out. The lights were never hung up but all it was a great month.

We had a white elephant party with a few friends and it was hilarious. These people always come up with the funniest things to talk about and I always enjoy their company!. Ben had purchased a few priceless autographs: Corey(Life goes on), Jean Claude VanDamn, Kato Kalin.MY personal fav was the Christmas Crown, it is going to become a treasure! It was a funny night filled with laughs. We all get so busy being moms dads it was nice to just hang out with Ben and some friends. This coming year I would really like to make a commitment to keep in contact with friends and family.

I love this time of year to help refocus on the things that matter most to me: Family, The Savior, being a good mom and wife, friendships. On Christmas Eve Ben reads the Story of Christ Birth to the family. Every year it is so great to hear him read it to our little family. I love his voice. We have a little manger and a little doll for the baby and the kids get to put the baby in the manger for the story. This year the story wasn't the moment I was visioning. Max is jumping on Ben back while he is reading while Mikey is throwing hay all over the floor for Daisy to eat! Sometimes these moments we planned don't go as planned right. In the end I think they get it Mikey was kissing the doll while Rye is explaining what is going on. She is such a mother already. I love this little family. Ben likes to remind me they will never be this little again. He is right I am going to miss this.

I'll post our Christmas mayhem later. Just a little pic of us at Temple Square. I love it in December such a beautiful place. I posted this picture because I love the way Ben is looking at Mikey. Merry Christmas Weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

Lyla Slade said...

You look as cold as we did at temple square! It is so fun to see, but maybe they should do it in JULY! ha ha