Sunday, March 23, 2008

Glad she listens!!!

This weekend the kids are out for Spring Break and with the weather better they are able to play in the yard. We don't allow the kids to be in the front yard when we are not outside. This is hard sometimes when the neighbor boys are playing at our house. This day they had found the jeep to drive and were driving it in a circle around the house. Rye wanted to just run around the house with them. I gave her the speech about not talking to strangers and not to go with anyone under any circumstances. After the talk she has had about 10,000 times she headed to play. I went outside to check on her and she was nowhere to be found. When I came inside she was out of breath and looked terrified. I asked her what as wrong. She proceeded to tell me how someone had tried to "get her" My first honest reaction was she was over exaggerating. I asked if she was telling the truth and she assured me yes. Now my mind is starting to race is their really a creep out in the neighborhood that is looking for kids? So she stayed inside and we went back to house duties. About 30 minutes later I get a call from the neighbor. She told me how her husband felt horrible because he had pulled the car up to the the house. He wanted to ask her if it was ok the boys were playing with the jeep. Rye being the smart kid she is interpreted his talking to her as stranger danger and ran like the wind into the house. Make a long story short the neighbor unnecessarily felt bad for scaring her and she did the right thing! (sort of)

2 comments:

Mindurs said...

What a good girl! i would have been scared if I was her!

I am glad you found out it wasn't a creepy person after all!

Alexis said...

That is the funniest story! What a sweetheart! I would rather have her over react then be too trusting.