Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We don't Camp! (yet)

We have not been a camping family. I always think it would sound like fun then I think of the three kids packing everything, getting in the car, finding a place to go, setting up the tent. You get the idea I have not been real ambitious. We go to the barn that is good enough for camping right? The kids are always asking to go so maybe we will have to try it.
In the meantime Ben and I had a little excursion to Ikea I say excursion since I feel like it is a small road trip. While at Ikea we spot the kids play tent for 10 bucks. We get it home and the kids freaked out! I think the kids might sleep in it all summer. They have slept in it every night since Saturday and show no sign of stopping!

4 comments:

Uriona Family said...

So cute!!

I promise. It is better than you think it is. As long as you don't mind all the dirt. They usually are so exausted they tucker right out at the end of the campfire. :) We are going again in July....wanna come?!

Lisel said...

That looks so fun! My kids would love it too, but I'm always too cheap to spend a lot on a play tent, I might have to take the road trip to Ikea for that one! We love real camping too though. My kids are already asking when we're going this summer.

Kami said...

I can't believe you drove all the way to IKEA and didn't stop to say hi! Hmmm...maybe we just need to plan a lunch play date? Let me know if you are up for it! kam

Alexis said...

I love it!

But I am going to have to disagree with Stacy....I hate camping. I hate the dirt, the bugs, the packing, the unpacking....I am just not a fan! So I think you are doing just the right way!